Job Ref: 151006-3
Business Unit: Konga
Reporting Line: Chief Financial Officer
- Provide management with financial and operational performance insights and influence for the Finance and Admin teams.
- His/her responsibilities shall include but not limited to oversight of strategic financial planning and analysis of resource use and development; partnering in budget planning and oversight of budget implementation
Duties & Responsibilities
Financial accounting and reporting:
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met including Charitable Status.
- Withholding Payments, Income Tax, Goods and Services Tax.
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit with the approved external auditor.
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash.
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts; and manage cash flow
- Review monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting as compared to budget.
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy
- Manage the bookkeeping function, using the Simply Accounting Package, including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll
- Develop and implement policies and procedures as required to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure
- Manage all company payments and ensure payments are paid in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist with the negotiations and manage the employee insurance and benefits plans
- Process and submit statutory and benefits remittances on time
- Assist staff with the preparation of budgets for funding applications
- Manage the work and development of staff members consisting of two full time senior accountants and one part time senior
- Responsible for maintaining accurate books and subsidiaries, including the gift card program at the shopping malls.
- Prepare monthly forecast update, primarily by working closely with department heads
- Prepare or review annual audit work papers and the six-months review work papers for the outside auditors.
- Assist in preparing annual audited financial statements.
- Review bank reconciliations, loan schedules, management fees, etc.
- Assist the Director of Finance in preparing the annual corporate budgets.
- Oversee the functions of the Admin team
- Special projects as required.