Channels TV, Kano Station
• The Master Control Operator will be responsible for performing all on-air operations to include recording, downloading, uploading and editing of all on-air programming and commercial material in a live News and Programmes.
• Operate all control room equipment associated with a typical live News and Programmes.
• Monitor and maintain the quality, continuity and availability of multiple networks and distribution channels in a live and non-live environment.
• Monitors video/audio quality and signal availability using waveform monitors, meters and other test and monitoring equipment.
•Prepare and maintain sports, News, Programmes and associated database for air.
•Capture and encoding of content related to on-air schedules. Operate on-air branding for the news.
•Assists media operations group in the recording and storage of content feeds.
•Manages deployment and retrieval of playlists and as-run files, and monitors commercial insertion system.
•Integrates live and previously recorded program content with commercial and promotional spots
•Maintains program and break continuity.
• Must hold a BSc./B.A/B.Eng in any of these fields with First Class or Second Class Upper option.
• Mass Communication, Electrical Electronics, Computer Science or qualification in an associated field.
• Must have a minimum of 4 years work experience in this field.
• Must have completed the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) or hold a Certificate of Exemption.
• Knowledge and experience in IT. Be experienced in broadcast television and network.
• Has the ability to work under pressure, work with deadlines and without close supervision.
• Proficient with computers and MS office software.
• Able to work any scheduled time, including nights, weekends and holidays to support a 24×7 on-air broadcast.
Age range between 25 and 35 years.
Hard working and strong abilities to deliver on the job.
Exceptional communication skills.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Possess strong intelligence and skills to achieve results.
Savvy and experience in use of IT.
Able to add value and drive change.
Results oriented and proactive attitude.