Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Typical responsibilities of the job include:
- processing orders
- operating mechanical and IT systems
- liaising with customers and other departments
- training, supervising and appraising staff
- maintaining statistical and financial records
- ensuring that quality objectives and delivery deadlines are met
- managing budgets
- administering stock control
- ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation.
Qualifications and Requirements:
HND/B.sc qualification in distribution, logistics, transportation, management, business studies or retail management. Relevant experience can be useful, particularly any teamwork experience.Key skills for warehouse managers
- good teamwork
- managerial skills
- interpersonal skills
- verbal and written communication skills
- logical reasoning
- numerical skills
- technical skills
- IT skills.
Interested parties should contact: Michael Fanny at email@example.com and include their CV and a statement off interest.
Compensation is commensurate with experience level.