This position coordinates and expedites the flow of work and materials within or between departments according to production schedule. This position also prepares items for shipment to production areas, and doing daily cycle counts on existing inventory.
• Prepares items for shipment to the production assy staging areas.
•Packs, seals, labels, and affixes postage to prepare materials for shipping to production areas, using work devices such as hand tools, power tools, and our inventory management system.
• Conducts 5S throughout our areas of the warehouse.
• Arranges for the transportation of products to the production floor.
• Arranges for delivery, assembly, and distribution of supplies and parts in order to expedite flow of materials and meet production schedules.
• Compiles information, such as work order progress, materials inventories, materials used, and material shortages, so that status reports can be completed with planners.
•Confers with establishment personnel, planners, and material handlers to coordinate work order activities, and to resolve complaints or eliminate delays.
• Examines documents, materials, and products, and monitor work processes, in order to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications.
•Prepares documents, such as pick tickets, shortage lists.
•Delivers or routes materials to departments, using work devices, such as hand trucks, forklifts, or sorting bins.
Education and/or Experience
Degree qualified essential. Two year’s warehouse experience essential.
Inspection/measurement of parts experience using micrometers/verniers/gauges essential.
Ability to read component drawings and determine critical sizes essential.
Certificates, Licenses or other Registrations
Tools, Technology and Equipment
Experience using a Forklift required.
Hand held tools including but not limited to
Verniers/micrometers/gauges/stamps/nail guns/staplers/stanley knives
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Component drawings, inspection criteria. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees in the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.