Key aims and objectives
- To implement the Company’s Centralization of Warehousing Strategy.
- To lead by example to ensure Health & Safety of the Warehouse staff.
- To be the ‘on site’ lead, giving ‘on the job’ training by sharing his or her experience to the benefit of junior personnel, with particular attention to identifying, supporting, and mentoring locally recruited talent; expediting their personal growth and abilities to accept greater responsibility in line with Corporate Strategy.
- To act as responsible person for the day to day running of the Main Warehousing function, Satellite Stores, and External / Yard laydown area at SI, providing reliable logistics support to the Engineering & Project functions, Line Managers, and to other SI foremen and team members. Whilst coordinating stores activities, to liaise with other departments to ensure that scheduling of receipts, issues, & administration of stores and stock is carried out reliably in the Company & Client’s interest.
- To effect and adhere to Company, industry and job specific procedures and standards; as well as ensuring compliance by sub-ordinates and team members.
- To act in accordance with Company’s HSE and QMS best practices at all times, projecting a professional attitude as an example to subordinates and trainees.
- To provide overall leadership to a team of plus 30 personnel and ensure compliance to policies and procedures.
- To maintain perpetual inventory control by ensuring that Receiving and Issuing of goods are done in timely and accurate manner.
- Execute Perpetual Inventory accuracy via Cycle Counting as well as the utilization of the ERP system.
- With the support of the Assistance/Deputy Warehouse manager, and in conjunction with P&SCM line, to represent and maintain processes as well as planned improvements within the Warehouse/s; translating strategic objectives to practical working processes/action.