The Warehouse Manager is a hands-on working manager with a proactive customer-focused approach that manages the day-to-day operations of the warehouse. This position will lead and work alongside a team of Warehouse Associates to deliver unparalleled customer service. The position is based in Lagos.
- Ensure established warehouse policies and practices are maintained,
- Analyze and identify warehouse processes to recommend process improvement opportunities,
- Implement and track performance metrics to enhance warehouse reliability and customer service,
- Implement and maintain bin locations in warehouse to improve efficiency,
- Maintain check and balance system to ensure that all orders are accurately pulled and damage free,
- Handle shipping and receiving duties, including physical distribution to customers and branch operations, storage of products within the warehouse and receiving incoming materials and equipment,
- Prepare documentation of both incoming and outgoing equipment,
- Ensure that parts and equipment are stored and protected from damage and readily available for shipment,
- Maintain the warehouse facility in a safe and clean manner,
- Ensure that all Environment, Health & Safety policies and procedures are properly communicated and observed in the workplace and address any noncompliance,
- Conduct monthly warehouse inspections in accordance with corporate policy.
- Logistically structures warehouse activities and projects, so as to optimize processes, layout and attain set objectives.
- Able to make decisions, problem solve, prioritize assignments and direct the workforce in a regulated environment.
- Facilitates and maintain the operations of a temperature control warehouse.
- Maintains lot tracking and expiration tracking.
- Ensures that the shipping and receiving of products and raw materials are handled and scheduled in accordance with the Company’s set policies.
- Accurately counts and tags inbound raw materials products.
- Pulls samples of all incoming raw materials and supplies for Quality Control inspection.
- Code dating all incoming raw materials clearly and record all product code dates on tickets before shipping.
- Maintains the warehouse in a clean, neat and sanitary condition at all times
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years warehouse management experience in a technical and/or distribution environment,
- Post secondary education in a business related program,
- Computer literate, with a strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Mechanical/technical aptitude,
- Excellent analytical and process management skills along with exceptional trouble-shooting skills,
- Ability to coordinate a wide variety of duties and responsibilities and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment,
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills,
- Positive attitude and customer service oriented,
- Excellent organizational skills.