- Providing materials, equipment, and supplies by directing receiving, warehousing, and distribution services.
- Supervising warehouse staff and ensuring compliance to every regulatory standard.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Liaising with customers, suppliers and transport companies;
- Planning, coordinating and monitoring the receipt, order assembly and dispatch of goods;
- Using space and mechanical handling equipment efficiently and making sure quality, budgetary targets and environmental objectives are met;
- Having a clear understanding of the company's policies and vision and how the warehouse contributes to these;
- Coordinating the use of automated and computerised systems where necessary;
- Responding to and dealing with customer communication by email and telephone;
- Keeping stock control systems up to date and making sure inventories are accurate;
- Planning future capacity requirements;
- Organising the recruitment and training of staff, as well as monitoring staff performance and progress;
- Motivating, organising and encouraging teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded;
- Producing regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis;
- Briefing team leaders on a daily basis;
- Visiting customers to monitor the quality of service they are receiving;
- Maintaining standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment, for example, ensuring that stock such as chemicals and perishables are stored safely;
- Overseeing the planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment meant for warehouse use.
Qualifications and Experience
- A good first Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or Business Administration
- An second Degree in a relevant course is required
- Membership of relevant professional bodies
- Age between 30-40 years
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience in a Warehouse supervision
- Demonstrated proficiency managing analytically rigorous initiatives.
- Track record in organisation management and leadership at a supervisory level
Required Skills and Competencies
- Proven warehouse management experience
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases
- Leadership skills and ability manage staff
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good team working skills
- Managerial skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Logical reasoning
- Numerical skills
- Technical skills
- IT skills.