Basic Function of the Position
- The incumbents ensure that the work assigned to their team is performed in a satisfactory manner.
- They serve as the day to day supervisors for their team of warehousemen.
- Additionally, they perform manual supply duties in the warehouse and at the all other USG properties.
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years prior warehousing experience is required.
- Level III (Good Working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/writing in English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Must have good working knowledge of Department of State and associated agency procedures which apply to warehousing.
- Must be able to perform moderately heavy work and make heavy lifts using appropriate safety equipment.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.