The HP and NFI assistant will be working under the supervision of the HP & NFI Officer. He/she will assist the HP &NFI officer to undertake hygiene promotion related activities and non-food items distribution to affected populations.
• Assist the PHP & NFI Officer in context assessment and developing materials for hygiene promotion.
• Carry out safe hygiene promotion and mobilize members of the beneficiary communities.
• Assist the HP & NFI Officer to carry out NFI distribution.
• Diploma in Public health, sociology, rural development, and other related fields.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Previous experience in hygiene promotion and community mobilization
• Motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
• Two years relevant work experience
• Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
• Fluency in Hausa and English
• Commitment to AAH mission, values and policy
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Previous experience of work in the humanitarian sector.
• Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy.
• Previous experience with AAH.