The WASH Program Manager is responsible for the overall implementation of WASH project activities, ensuring that services are delivered on time, on budget and in compliance with donor regulations. He/She will provide technical guidance, in all areas of WASH programming, ensuring that implementation methods are consistent with acknowledged good practice and achieve sustainable results. The WASH project designs are implemented in ways responsive to communities, partners and in line with Donors principles, values and strategic plan and compliant with ACF procedures and quality standards. He/She will also develop Project implementation plan including procurement and distribution schedules of project inputs in line with project logistics/supply chain capacity. In coordination with the Rapid Response Mechanism expert, the WASH PM will ensure that WASH staff have work-plans in place and follow up with team members regularly to ensure that activities are on track.
• Ensure technical implementation of integrated ACF-USA WASH programs.
• To develop ACF understanding of WASH issues in Northern Nigeria.
• To supervise WASH program staff at field bases.
• To actively participate in external coordination within the WASH sector at the county and state level, as well as national level as required.
• To coordinate within the ACF team.
• To ensure proper reporting of the programmes.
• Engineering or Public Health Degree (Bachelor level or equivalent/higher) in a field related to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene.
• Additional training courses specific to WASH in development contexts (such as Bioforce Institute graduates), and/or Program Management professional certifications, strongly preferred.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 2 years relevant working experience, in a WASH management/supervisory capacity.
• Strong computer literacy, organizational and planning skills, report writing, budget oversight.
• Commitment to upholding ACF’s values, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Experience in the INGO/NGO and humanitarian context.
• Experience managing a team of staff.