Job Number: 495970
Work Type: Fixed Term Staff
- Sector Policy and strategies
- Sector financing and economics
- Sector coordination
- Sector development, planning , monitoring, Evaluation and Knowledge management
- WASH in schools and institutions
WASH Specialists, who under the overall guidance of either the Chief of WASH or the Management, take responsibility for key elements of the WASH programme as determined by the organization's priorities. Candidates with expertise in the following areas, water and environment, sanitation, hygiene promotion and behaviour change, emergency work in water and sanitation, with experience and knowledge of the following areas are especially encouraged to apply;
- An intimate knowledge of the evolving evidence base related to WASH and children,
- Analysis of sector policy, working in partnerships and advocacy,
- WASH financing and budget analysis,
- Emergency preparedness and response,
- Private sector experience.
Qualifications of Successful Candidates
- Advanced university degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Geology, Hydrology, Sanitation Engineering, Social Sciences or a field relevant to international WASH related development assistance.
- Five years of progressively responsible professional work experience in the UN or other international development organization, national government or the private sector. Field work experience.
- Fluency in English (written and oral) is required.
- Knowledge of another UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) is a strong asset.