The WASH Technical assistant will be working under the supervision of the WASH Technical Officer. He/she will assist the WASH Technical officer in data collection and supervision of construction and rehabilitation of Water and sanitation related activities (water points, latrines, incinerators, and others)
• Assist the WASH Technical Officer on supervision of water and sanitation construction activities.
• Assist The WASH technical Officer in the process of Community capacity Building.
• Additional responsibilities:
• This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task.
• The WASH Technical Assisstant should be flexible and adaptable with regards to the implementation of the daily work/activities.
• The WASH Technical Assistant is expected to conduct all duties in a professional manner following ACF Nigeria mission staff regulations and charter.
• Diploma or certificate in water sanitation facilities construction or other related fields
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Previous experience in supervising drilling and construction activities.
• Motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive.
• Two years relevant work experience.
• Basic computer skill.
• Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
• Fluency in Hausa and English.
• Commitment to ACF mission, values and policy.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Previous experience of work in the humanitarian sector.
• Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy.
• Previous experience with ACF.