Reporting to: Water Treatment Plant Supervisor
To ensure the day to day operation and control of the water treatment plant overhead tank cleaning and distribution system to ensure that residents, clients and workers have safe and clean water in accordance with polices and standards put in place.
Key Aims and Objectives:
The basic function of the water treatment plant cleaner is to perform work functions that ensure compliance to established policies and procedures, OH &S. The water treatment plant cleaner provide for the safe and efficient operation of plant equipment and treatment processes for the reliable production and supply of high quality water.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain the treatment plant systems
- Maintain and operate the filtering and chemical treatment processes
- Inspect, service and repair components of the water treatment plant including water intakes, pipes, water storage vessels, chemical treatment equipment controls, circulation pumps boilers, heat exchangers and valves.
- Ensure an adequate supply of water for human consumption and firefighting activities.
- Inspect the treatment plant systems on a daily basis to ensure effective operations
- Conduct regular inspection of physical plant.
- Establish a preventive maintenance program
- Arrange for major repairs
- Keep a daily log
- Prepare activity and work order reports
- Maintain inventories.
- Ensure records are maintained
- Perform other related duties
- Participate in proactive safety programs including Hazard Observation program; UC/UA.