Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
As our new Web designer you will create the look, layout, feel, functionality and features of all the websites we are developing. You will work on developing new websites.
You will work closely with our proprietor creative directors, and other design team members to develop specifications and make adjustments regarding the use of new and emerging Web technologies.
- Plans site design by clarifying goals; designing functionality.
- Develops site navigation by categorizing content; funneling traffic through content.
- Develops site content and graphics by coordinating with copywriters and graphic artists; designing images, icons, banners, audio enhancements, etc.
- Prepares site by installing and configuring server software; installing programming language using authoring and formatting tools; ensuring cross-platform compatibility; establishing links.
- Establishes locatability by registering with search engines.
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related field, or significant equivalent experience.
- Three years minimum experience with HTML/XHTML and CSS.
- A strong visual and technical portfolio.
- A high level of proficiency using Adobe products (or equivalent tools).
- Knowledge of browser compatibility across multiple platforms and devices.
- Strong ability to design with accessibility in mind.
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process.