- Responsible for the design and continue update of company web pages, including graphics, animation and functionality.
- Perform front-end and back-end development, including requirements for analysis, site architecture, screen layouts, creating graphical elements, templates and test pages, and ensuring final products meet web design standards.
- To monitor web server and site technical performance, implementing SEO strategies.
- Promoting the organizations website online.
- Source and manage new revenue generating online marketing opportunities.
- Maximize online affiliate opportunities and revenue generation for the brand.
- Circulate efficient and accurate reporting, detailing results of each web marketing campaign and possible improvement.
- Periodically or as directed performs analysis of website usage using Google Analytics and prepares report of findings.
- Stays abreast of new technologies to support the ongoing and future operation of the company’s websites.
- Interacts with key Department personnel to ensure information on company’s websites are up to date and well-maintained.
- Performs periodic reviews of website information to ensure that content is accurate and current.
- Involved in expanding the scope and recommending strategies for the company’s websites.
- Implements the security administration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work closely with E-Commerce Manager and other members of the Development Team to both develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
Produce project estimates during sales process, including expertise required, total number of people required, total number of development hours required, etc.
Attend client meetings during the sales process and during development.
Work with clients and E-Commerce Manager to build and refine graphic designs for websites. Must have strong skills in Photoshop, Fireworks, or equivalent application(s).
Convert raw images and layouts from a graphic designer into CSS/XHTML themes.
Determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations to clients.
Communicate to the E-commerce Manager with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays. Engage in outside-the-box thinking to provide high value-of-service to clients.
Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities.
A BSc degree (or HND) 2nd Class Upper Division in Computer Science / Engineering or related field. Minimum of 5 years` post NYSC experience in web development and management. Preferably candidate with certifications in web development.
- Sound web design skills which include the ability to work with PHP, .Net, Data bases, HTML/DHTML/SHTML/CSS, SSL data encryption, and Java Script. and Content Management Systems.
- A thorough knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques.
- Experience with graphical design programs/multimedia applications, including Adobe and Corel products.
- Experience running and evaluating online marketing campaigns, which will include the social media campaigns.
- Experience in social media content development is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of computer operating systems theory, industry standards, and applications.
- Demonstrates excellence and strives for accuracy in detailed work.
- Good communication, writing, organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office suites.
- Ability to conduct basic research.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Knowledge of Ajax, Ruby on rails, and Java will be added advantage.