The purpose of the IT Web Developer is to deliver web-based applications that accurately implement a set of functional and non-functional requirements. You will be working on medium strategic business projects or technical initiatives directly contributing to overall business strategy touching multiple Etihad business units and stakeholders and multiple suppliers. The developer must ensure that the application implementation complies with corporate architectural principles and coding standards.
- Responsible for delivering computer code that accurately implements a set of functional and non-functional requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring that the computer code complies with corporate architectural principles and coding standards
- Accountable for following the corporate approach to developing computer systems.
- Responsible for ensuring that the computer code they develop is maintained in the corporate source control system.
- Accountable for unit testing the computer code that they developed to ensure that it accurately implements the functional and non-functional requirements.
- The developer may be given accountability to deploy the computer code to a development, testing or production environment.
- The developer may be accountable for performing code reviews of other members of the development team code.
- The developer may be accountable for documenting parts of the system implemented.
- Responsible for supporting the functional, User Acceptance and non-functional testing phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Accountable for fixing defects found during testing phases of the software development lifecycle.
- University degree in Computer Science, or related technical discipline
- Episerver CMS Certified Developer
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer for Web applications is desirable
- Understanding of IT systems development/implementation approaches
- 2 to 5 years of experience in developing enterprise web and business-critical applications
- Proven ability to adapt to working overseas in a multi-cultural environment
- Proven ability to work as part of a team with ability to work closely with business teams
- Good knowledge of ITIL Service Designs
- Airline/travel domain knowledge is desirable
- Good knowledge of current and up and coming technologies, IT products in web/airline/travel/corporate Finance/HR space
- The developer must be able to demonstrate expertise in the following technologies:
- Episerver/Sharepoint (Or other CMS exposure)
- SQL Server/SQL/T-SQL
- ASP.Net C#
- HTML v 4.x and 5.x
- WC3 CSS
- Web service technologies and protocols (e.g. wcf, REST)
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) or similar CODE MANAGEMENT toolsets (e.g.) RATIONAL
You must have core knowledge and experience of Software Development lifecycles such as Agile; Waterfall and V-model.