If you are looking for interesting work that fits your lifestyle, you have come to the right place. As a Web Search Evaluator at Appen, you will be rewarded for your ability to improve the Internet search relevance results for everyone. Be part of a rapidly growing global team for the world’s top Internet search engine companies! We offer flexible work schedules, competitive pay and excellent training.
If you are a fast-thinking, flexible person who embraces new challenges and would enjoy evaluating the quality and relevance of the Internet for our top clients, we want to hear from you. We will provide you with standards and scoring guidelines, personal support and training so you can be successful.
Depending upon your commitment and skill level, opportunities for new projects and responsibilities that can increase your ability to earn are always there for you. We are moving fast … and so can your career. It’s all up to you.
Web Search evaluators work 4 hours a day (Monday through Friday) and have the flexibility to choose the hours they wish to work each day. Evaluators commit to 20-22 hours per week. Before a project assignment, evaluators complete a qualification process of 25-40 hours over a 1-3 week period. Once accepted on a project, evaluators meet consistent service levels that measure accuracy of their work.
- Passionate and avid interest in working with the Internet.
- Experience with Web browsers to navigate and evaluate a variety of content.
- Broad interest and current knowledge of social culture, media, sports, news, business, celebrities and the Web.
- Flexibility to learn from changing standards and tasks.
- Detail-oriented and strives for continuous high performance and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and possess good time-management skills.
- Be fluent in written and verbal English.
- Excellent research and decision capability: ability to see both the possible intent of a user who visits a Web page and compare it to another Web page to determine the best relevance.
- Excellent troubleshooting, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Degree is preferred, but experience and ability are essential.
- Personal PC or laptop that runs Windows Vista or Windows 7 (please note: netbook devices, Windows XP and Apple O/S, including Apple O/S running on virtual environments, are not compatible with project), and a minimum screen resolution of 1280 X 768; desired resolution is 1280 X 1024.
- A high-speed Internet connection (preferably unlimited usage; if limited, download cap must not be less than 100 GB per month).
- Basic aptitude for solving technical/software issues independently.