Reporting to: Manager-Fabrication and Manager-Welding
Prime Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ability to weld all position of welding such as 3G, 4G, 6G & 6GR on SMAW/FCAW on both plate and pipe.
- Study engineering drawings and blueprints to determine materials requirements and task sequences.
- Welding spare parts in various directions: flat, horizontal, vertical or overhead, etc.;
- Supervising and identifying any fault in operating the equipment or in relation to any material or equipment, then notifying the supervisors;
- Clamping, holding, tack-welding, heat-bending, bolting, or grinding spare parts as necessary to satisfy the technical requirements and create a welded final product;
- Operating other accessory equipments and performing some tasks necessary for welding metal, such as fusing metal segments, using gas tungsten arc, metal arc, flux-cored arc, and other types of welding arcs;
- Examining finish products and spare parts and comparing them with samples to check whether the specifications are met;
- Being in charge of preparing and setting up necessary tools and equipments for welding job such as shielded metal arc, gas metal arc or other welding equipments
Any other duties as from time to time deemed necessary, which are not necessarily part of your usual job description.
Key internal interfaces:
- Welding Manager
- Fabrication Manger
- Welder and other Staff
- Relevant trade test(s) and SSCE. Higher qualifications are added advantages.
- Working experience on an EPC project will be an additional advantage
- 3 -5 years minimum, in major Oil & Gas EPC projects, must possess vast Knowledge in the fabrication industry.
- Safety certificate (general) and other safety certification will be an added advantage.
Lagos - Lagos, LA NG (Primary)