The Welder will be required to carry out cladding on machined parts to a high degree of quality, and work on his own initiative to meet the production schedule of the plant.
- Read and understands engineering drawings & specifications.
- Set up, Monitor and weld the components within the parameters of the specific weld procedure.
- Grinding excess overlay.
- Adhere to Company quality procedures.
- Compile & record weld maps and traceability record sheets.
- Adhere to Company Safety and Environmental policies.
- Prepping and de burring of instrumentation stainless steel control line tubing.
- Set up welding equipment.
- Basic repair and troubleshoot of welding power source and weld head.
- Set up and control of internal purge pressure.
- Inspect weld, measure and ensure it meets specification.
- Fill out weld logs and quality documentation.
- Manually adjust control line bends to fit.
- Experience in welding process, knowledge of socket welds is desirable.
- Experience in working with stainless steel is desirable.
- Knowledge of fabrication and production processes.
- Set up with clamps and manipulate into position weld joint.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
- English speaking up to a technical level.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Experience of Inconel 625 overlay of components for the oil industry would be an advantage.
- Experience of Stainless steel overlay of components for the oil industry would be an advantage