Ref No: 549
Reports to: Fabrication Manager and Welding Manager
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Ability to weld all position of welding such as 3G, 4G, 6G & 6GR on SMAW/FCAW on both plate and pipe.
- Study engineering drawings and blueprints to determine materials requirements and task sequences.
- Welding spare parts in various directions: flat, horizontal, vertical or overhead, etc.;
- Supervising and identifying any fault in operating the equipment or in relation to any material or equipment, then notifying the supervisors;
- Clamping, holding, tack-welding, heat-bending, bolting, or grinding spare parts as necessary to satisfy the technical requirements and create a welded final product;
- Operating other accessory equipments and performing some tasks necessary for welding metal, such as fusing metal segments, using gas tungsten arc, metal arc, flux-cored arc, and other types of welding arcs;
- Examining finish products and spare parts and comparing them with samples to check whether the specifications are met;
- Being in charge of preparing and setting up necessary tools and equipments for welding job such as shielded metal arc, gas metal arc or other welding equipments
Key Internal Interfaces
- Welding Manager
- Fabrication Manger
- Welder and other Staff
- Relevant trade test(s) and SSCE. Higher qualifications are added advantages.
- Working experience on an EPC project will be an additional advantage
- 3 -5 years minimum, in major Oil & Gas EPC projects, must possess vast Knowledge in the fabrication industry.
- Safety certificate (general) and other safety certification will be an added advantage.