Responsible for laying out and fabricating structural steel and sheet metal in order to build metal structures. Welds and cuts steel, interprets blueprints, and works with concrete reinforcing steel bars.
• Build and install iron or steel girders, columns, and other construction materials to form buildings, bridges, and other structures. It also involves and not limited to the below;
• Cut, position, and bolt down steel bars to reinforce concrete.
• Repair older infrastructure.
• Make, weld, and cut structural metal on site.
• Erect steel frames.
• Connect steel columns, beams, and girders.
• Drill holes into steel for bolts.
• Number steel according to assembly instructions.
• Unload and stack steel.
• Hoist steel into place in the framework.
• Position steel with connecting bars and spud wrenches.
• Work with driftpins to align the holes in the steel with the framework holes.
• Use plumb bobs, levels, and laser equipment to check alignment.
• Bolt or weld piece into place.
• Set reinforcing bars into forms to hold concrete
• Cut bars with metal shears and torches.
• Install stairs, handrails, or curtain walls. Fabricating Scaffold, Gates etc.