Well Engineer who will plans, coordinates and supports all technical and operational aspects of daily drilling related activities, including programme preparation in accordance with local authority regulations, company policies & HSEQ standards, AFE preparation. Daily cost stewardship and ensuring that all Drilling Programme are executed as planned.
• Ascertains that all programs are in accordance with local authorityregulations, company policies and HSEQ standards.
• Ensure all programmes and AFEs are produced in a timely manner to allow adequate time for all approvals.
• Evaluates and implements all new drilling techniques and methodologies. Ensure all documents relating all drilling activities are properly filed, stored and available.
• Supports field based Company personnel and managing contractors and services in the executing of all operations on the assigned rig.
• Ascertains capability of rigs and equipment for exploration and appraisal drilling, Recommends for upgrading if required.
• Determines technical parameters of Rig Contractors and 3rd service providers are In accordance with the Contract, Participates in Quality and pre-acceptance related audits and inspections as required by the Drilling & Work over Department.
• Ensures risk management processes are used in the well planning and execution. Acts as an active part In the preparation of conducting peer reviews,
• Participates in feasibility studies relating to exploration and appraisal wells. Identified new technology opportunities with the potential to improve performance in the Company's operations.
• Reviews and approve wall proposals and well programs with a view to obtain optimum value According to the Wall Value Assurance Team (WVA).
• Ensures pre-spud and pre-section reviews are held, Ensure that the DLT process is rigorously performed.
• Ensures all reporting is completed in a timely manner. This is to include after action reviews and lessons learned review.
• Performs the technical and commercial evaluation of received bids. Assists in shareholder - meetings and presentations as required.
• Works in line with HSE policy, and ensure awareness and compliance of HSE rules and regulations by subordinates.
• Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Petroleum Engineering.
• 5-6 years experience in Well Engineer plus 2 years of which should be in offshore operations.
• Experience with exploration and development wells. Sour service experience essential.
• Good knowledge of English.