• Ensure suitable,non-damaging and cost effective drilling/completion fluids are designed and programmed.
• Evaluate proposals from vendors for introduction of new systems and products into our operations.
• Follow up/monitor to highlight and technically evaluate problem areas for improvement in cost effectiveness of drilling fluids.
• Resolution of problems beyond the immediate capacity of the mud consultants involved in the day to day monitoring of drilling fluids performance.
• Introduce new fluids technologies in for extended reach horizontal,multi-lateral and HPHT wells.
• Review and update of SPDC drilling/completion fluids and cementing standards,whenever necessary.
• Participate actively in the preparation and award of drilling/completion fluids contracts.
• Work ahead of HSE legislation to develop mud systems that comply with existing and pending legislation.
• Continually explore effective and economic ways of increasing use of local products in our contracts.
• Work with Environmental and Waste Management Departments to ensure that current practices meet regulatory requirements.
• University degree in Engineering or the Sciences.
• Minimum of 7 years experience in the oil industry especially in Well Engineering.
• Strong knowledge in well planning, well design and programming, drilling/completion fluids chemistry, borehole stability and failure mechanisms.