• Safety in design and programming - in particular,process safety.
• Ensure well design is robust to handle relevant well control incidents.
• Finalise detailed well design including final well trajectory,accurate casing setting depths,drilling fluids program and cementing program to ensure wells objectives will be met.
• Carry out torque,drag and hydraulics calculations,design drilling assemblies to verify that the well is within rig capabilities and optimise drilling performance.
• Compiles detailed drilling program to achieve business performance objectives (Cost,results and schedule).
• Comply with Policies,standards and procedures,use approved IT tools in developing final design and drilling program.
• Identify and implement ideas to improve performance by repeating best composite well times,reducing NPT,using of new techniques/technologies and modifying procedures.
• Estimates AFE well cost
• Orders equipment and services using SAP.
• Monitor time and cost performance.
• Compile end of well report.
• A professional engineer with a university degree in a relevant engineering or science discipline.
• A minimum of 7 years experience in well delivery function, commercial and contracting and technology activities.
• Valid IWCF certification.
• Possess highly developed technical skills enhanced by theoretical and practical knowledge of the well delivery process.
• Good analytical, communication and writing skills, with PC fluency and familiarity with drilling engineering software.
• Excellent proficiency in English language, both in speech and in writing.