The Project Director has the responsibility to ensure the delivery of the assigned project as defined by the Customer’s Order or Contract, fulfilling both Customer and Business objectives. The Project Manager is the primary interface between the Company and the Customer, and is responsible for developing and maintaining a good working relationship with the Customer and its representatives.
• In liaison with the Inquiry to Order (ITO) organization, negotiate and agree Contract terms and conditions, including all Clarifications and Exceptions, during the Bid/Award phase. Following Award, and through the established Contract Review process, translate the agreed terms and conditions into project/sales orders and establish the internal scope of work.
• Build the Project Team into a dedicated and enthusiastic unit for the task through exhibiting good management practice, leading by example, setting and monitoring the standards expected for other team members and holding team building activities as required. Establish clear roles and responsibilities within the project team, delegating authority where appropriate.
• Mobilize the project’s Management and Engineering Teams within their respective organizations with experienced, qualified personnel and organize the work into suitable organizational units.
• Ensure that all necessary project functions, including Health Safety and Environmental Management and Quality Assurance, are established and organized in a way that ensure an effective and safe execution of the scope of work.
• Establish and communicate project goals and ensure that these are fully understood and met throughout the project and within own organization.
• Establish and maintain clear lines of communication within the Project Organization and with the Customer, the EPC team, Sub-contractors and Suppliers.
• Work closely with Customers Project team and/or the EPC Project Manager to build and maintain a good relationship with the Customer thereby helping to ensure the timely resolution of issues.
• Ensure that project schedule with milestones, manpower requirements and cost budgets are established. Generate, in conjunction with the designated project Accountant, all cost control and reporting templates and reports. Continually monitor the Projects’ cost performance throughout its duration.
• Ensure that all the necessary technical and non-technical reviews and audits are planned and carried out.
• Monitor the project's performance in a systematic way regarding quality, safety, progress and cost and initiate the necessary corrective/mitigating actions if deviations occur. Ensure that performance is communicated to the customer and EPC Project Manager with respect to progress, changes, manning, forecasts to complete, all reported as agreed.
• Effectively manage internal Variation Orders and Customer instigated Change Orders, including their internal price clearance, submission and negotiation, implementation and tracking. Consider schedule, safety and environmental impacts of all changes (in addition to cost) and maximize opportunities for margin growth through the change process. Ensure all agreed Variation Orders are correctly reflected in the Sales Order
• Demonstrable experience in the project management of subsea projects or project management in the O&G industry
• Solid track record of successful delivery of O&G projects against contract.
• Global experience or experience with a multinational organization
• Proven interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Excellent leadership skills
• Solid knowledge of the Oil & Gas sector, in particular subsea solutions
• Sound network of contacts across O&G and key understanding of company project management principles - to establish project goals and ensure that these are communicated to, and understood by, all participants in the Project Organization as well as in all supporting units.
• Commercial leadership
• Project management expertise