• Contribute to the development of IS Services strategies, providing a roadmap for future infrastructure development and develop detailed plans in support of related strategies, organizing required resources, monitoring and periodically reporting progress of plans.
• Assess resource requirements and assist in preparing the budget for IS Services Operations, as well as prepare information systems technical business cases.
• Direct activities of team of highly technical Windows/Messaging administrators and Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) administrators in order to provide effective and efficient support for Wintel infrastructure.
• Develop and manage team’s objectives and plans and ensure alignment with overall business objectives.
• Manage the design, implementation, administration and support of all aspects of the Wintel infrastructure.
• Proactively review technical architecture, processes, documentation and oversee provisions and suppliers to ensure that services provided are aligned with business needs.
• Prepare management reports and metrics as required and utilize appropriate management tools to monitor operational service status against SLAs and make recommendations where necessary to ensure optimal performance.
• Manage new projects, technology deployments and upgrades into live environment minimising associated risk by ensuring they are carried out in a controlled, timely manner with minimum service downtime.
• Lead incident, problem and change management processes for Windows/Messaging related issues, and co-ordinate preparation of incident reports (as required).
• Co-ordinate Audit and Risk Management related issues/tasks for the Windows Server/Messaging infrastructure.
• Manage and monitor Disaster Recovery operations for Windows and Messaging infrastructure.
• Liaise directly with contractors and manage vendor relationships with respect to server hardware and software.
• Identify training and development needs and manage skills enhancement programmes for the virtual sales team to ensure enterprise sales targets are fully met.
• Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.