The job holder will manage the workshop productives in the efficient repair of customer vehicles through all stages of the repair, to ensure that TMC repair times are adhered with stringent quality controls at each repair stage.
- Plan, organize and control the flow of workshop work through the Team Leaders in a professional, timely manner while ensuring quality repairs.
- Have the ability to manage a multi-cultural technical workforce of 100+ productives
- Ensure work orders as stated in Job Cards are completed by the assigned technicians.
- Coordinate with Team Leaders in distribution of jobs.
- Ability to coordinate workshop production using the resource of 25+ team leaders
- Ensure that all repairs are in accordance with manufacturer guidelines.
- Ensure Workshop team members meet/exceed customer satisfaction.
- Ensure highest possible level of service quality and customer services to satisfy vehicle throughput of 400+ vehicles per day
- Maximize labour efficiency and workshop profitability of the team in line with agreed budgets and company operating standards with a daily hours target of 1000+
- Ensure at all times Company’s Occupational Health & Safety Standards are well established and met in the department.
- Support Service Advisors with technical support and information
- A Diploma or Degree in automobile /mechanical engineering
- 7-10 years years’ experience in reputed automotive workshop, 3 of which in a managerial role.
- Strong Knowledge of business and management principles involved in resource allocation, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Monitoring/Assessing performance of self, other individuals, or organisations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner and listen attentively to associates and customers.
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform their job.