We are currently working with a Leading Servicing Company for the Oil & Gas Sector in Nigeria for an urgent search for a Workshop Manager. Our client hosts a comprehensive workshop facility in Port Harcourt.
Purpose of the Job
- This position will manage and lead a team of people in allocating workload and managing the day to day operations in the workshop.
- Co-ordinate resources and liaise with internal and external key contacts to ensure work is delivered on time and to a quality standard.
- Ensures that the objectives of the project quality plan are achieved.
- Ensures that quality requirements, as laid down for repair/maintenance obligations are accomplished.
- Markets the services of the workshop to major clients.
- Reviews and implements the project quality plan with the Project Manager.
- Ensures that Client’s project quality assurance requirements are fulfilled.
- Resolves Quality Assurance problems in close cooperation with project key personnel.
- Follow-up (corrective) actions to be taken – performs quality audits.
- Marketing of the workshop the workshop services to major clients.
· Responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labor allocation for day to day operations.
· Co-ordinates resources, (operational and human) schedules and activities to effectively manage jobs.
· Ensures supplies are ordered for each job
· Assist in quoting, project management, materials purchasing and quality checks.
· Ensure supplies are ordered for each job.
· Provide oversight and check job estimates.
· Manage inward goods, checking quantities, dispatching goods and receipting invoices.
· Regularly report progress on each job and quickly communicate delays or concerns with the General Manager.
· Report on manpower overturns or shortfalls.
· Act as a technical adviser on key projects and other areas of the business as requested.
· Work with the General Manager to respond to the client’s requests for updates on the status of their jobs and keep the communication channels open to ensure information is accurate.
· Identify client’s needs and explain/demonstrate Company’s services to them, which involves but is not limited to technical descriptions of products and suggest appropriate solutions, discuss with team to identify appropriate course of action.
· Develop and implement systems to record, file and store information pertaining to client enquires.
· Identify staffs that require on-going trainings and implement training opportunities to ensure their skills are improved, work with apprentices and semi-skilled staff to role model resources is informed of trends in performance.
· Promote a Health and Safety culture within the business.