PRODUCT MANAGER - Xbox Live Product Marketing Manager - MEA
Mission: Develop and execute Xbox Live programs to deliver on the objectives of building awareness (and how awareness translates into subscribers), and driving retention. Will involve working with a multitude of internal and external partners, including the product team, the content teams (first and third party publishers, as well as other types of content (music and entertainment), media, and promotional partners. Focus: Create and execute programs relating to key strategies developed around subscriber and retention goals. Programs will be created around generating demand for Xbox Live and making it a ‘must have’ entertainment experience, and keeping the service fresh and exciting for existing members. In addition, programs that are created will need to be communicated to key audiences in a compelling and breakthrough manner. The ideal candidate should be up to the challenge of creating world-class marketing programs.
Create awareness: Conceive and disseminate messages that will drive awareness, interest and demand for Xbox Live. Messaging needs to be creative and break through the clutter. In addition, messages will be delivered in multiple media including online, email, print and electronic media. Also will help support logistics and asset management for public relations efforts.
Drive member communications: Manage messaging, logistics, results tracking and constant refinement of communications to Xbox Live members. Determine relevance of content, and develop new messaging ideas that will build loyalty and retention around the Xbox Live service.
Content Programming Support: Help define and bring to life game and entertainment programming concepts that will create excitement around the service.
Operations and Dev Interface: Marketing liason into the operational aspect of the product/development team, with a focus on billing product planning, as well as data requirements for effective marketing programs.
Analysis: Data, competitive and industry analysis to help drive strategy and innovative marketing and product concepts. Also participation and coordination of research and programs that drive customer insight (e.g. surveys)
International Support: Asset management and orchestrating communications, and marketing programs with subsidiaries in MEA and with Corp.
3 to 5 years of Games/retail marketing experience; very strong, proven competencies in marketing and project management with one or more International Corporations. Interpersonal skills necessary to win internal/external support for programs and processes at senior management levels. Proven skills in process/work-flow and detail orientation.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
1) Essential Experience
- Solid project management experience and general business savvy
- Strong retail marketing and retail value chain acumen
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data from a number of sources in order to shape and clearly communicate a strategic point-of-view or recommendation
- Experience with strategic and marketing planning
- Must have Retail/ and Operator Channel experience.
2) Technical/Functional Skills
- Advanced experience in strategy formation, cross-group communication, and marketing modeling of financial impact of projects
- Strong understanding of MS Power Point and Excel
3) Personal Attributes/Interpersonal Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player
- Ability to wear multiple hats and represent the business at many different occasions both internally and externally
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to influence teams and individuals
- Strong quantitative skills and retail channel insights
- Gets excited about retail!