Experience in downstream oil & gas
Our client is an African conglomerate in diverse activities, yet focused on capturing the entire value chain in oil trading, shipping, storage, distribution and retailing. They are one of the largest and most efficient downstream players with solid roots in Nigeria and leading positions in fuels and lubricants market in Cameroon, Benin, Togo and Cote D' Ivoire. The company has a strong foothold in petroleum products marketing in the international market.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced and focused Accounts Manager to join their team reporting through to the Manager Finance.
In this role you will:
- Supervises the Financial Reporting Unit in the preparation of various monthly, quarterly and yearly reports to regulatory authorities.(NSE and SEC)
- Supervises the Cost & Inventory unit in the preparation and generation of Margin and other reports
- Supervises and coordinates the Customer/Control unit to ensure proper report generation, adequate reconciliation and proper record keeping..
- Verifying the correctness or otherwise of accounting treatments of transactions
- Liaise with Treasury, Lubricant, Invoicing, suppliers and other departments to ensure that appropriate entries are captured correctly in our books and records.
- Prepare all adhoc reports as may be demanded by Management.
- Coordinating the entirety of Annual audit exercise.
- Overseeing the management and maintenance of Fixed Asset Schedules and Register.
- Review the correctness of all month end manual journals to be posted into system
- Supervise and coordinate the running of SAP month end closing and reconciliations
- Liaising and following up with IT Support and SAP Consultants to resolve all matters and issues relating to IT and SAP
- Overseeing the preparation of month end journals to book accruals for freight and bridging claims.
- Coordinating and ensuring the preparation of WAC on Sales,
- Supervising all Archive functions with the view to ensuring proper filing and retrieval of documents
- Review of GL, Trial balance and Management Accounts
- Coordinates year end audit and submission of relevant schedules to external Auditors.
- Liaises with external Auditors on all audit matters.
- Assisting in determining training requirements of finance staff team
To be successful in this role you will need:
- The candidate for this post must possess a minimum of a good first degree in Accounting or in any other relevant field(s) of study
- ACA certified
- MBA or Masters in relevant field will be an added advantage
- At least 7 years industrial experience in accounting;
- He/she must also have some proven managerial capabilities
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to quickly assimilate new information and focus on set goals;
- Member of relevant certification body
- Hands-on experience with SAP
As an employer of choice, they will provide you:
• Competitive salary package and benefits;
• Opportunities for ongoing learning and career development.