Agriculture Program Manager Full Time
Abuja, Nigeria | Master's Degree | 3 - 5 years | Full Time | Male or Female | Farming | NonProfit Organization Management
- Support the CSO in training of producer groups/HHs on livestock (small ruminants), home gardening and post-harvest activities for income generation
- Support the formation of female-led producer and processing groups
- Ensure formation and training of livelihoods clubs in selected secondary schools in project locations
- Work with the CSO to ensure deployment of agro processing/storage equipment through a business model that will be developed with Ag Team Lead
- Work closely with CSO and Ag Team Lead to ensure implementation of Bio reclamation of degraded land component of the project
- Provide leadership to the implementation of community based nursery plan
- Support the implementation of Climate SMART irrigation plan including trainings on bio-reclamation of degraded land with focus on women and youths
- Assist smallholder farmers in adopting new technology and other innovations for increased productivity of small ruminant livestock production, quality, efficiency, management, etc through tailored trainings and demonstration trials
- Support in preparation of all periodic reports.
- Provide support training when necessary in relating to BAP and SMART skills
- With support from Ag Team Lead, organize and support technical trainings, community of practice meetings and document best practices, lesson learned and success stories
- Develop and maintain strong collaboration with partner organizations in the carry out of the project with emphasis on improved agricultural production for increased productivity
- Build the capacity of CSOs partners for quality Ag programming
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Ag Team Lead.