Aircraft Mechanics (B1 Licensed)/ Avionics Technicians (B2 Licensed) Full Time
Dubayy [Dubai], United Arab Emirates | Bachelor's Degree | 3 - 5 years | Full Time | Male or Female | Engineering | Airline / Aviation
- Accurately interpret maintenance manuals, service bulletins, wiring diagrams, system schematics, drawings, engineering orders and other documents from both the customer and company.
- Responsible for all aviation maintenance activities in accordance with Aviation Regulations standards and procedures to the highest shop practices, and in the interest of safety of flight.
- Properly utilize Avionics test equipment to perform systems test and keep abreast of new and advanced test equipment and the use of such equipment.
- Accurately document work performed as set forth by company and customer maintenance programs on a daily basis using the standard format. Prepare routine reports and correspondence.
- Take immediate corrective action regarding unsafe conditions. Use and operate ground support equipment, as applicable and if qualified, in a safe manner.
- Perform such typical maintenance functions as cabling, component removal/installation, wire harness removal/installation, fabrication/repair of wire assemblies, and continuity checks.
- Responsible for adjusting, repairing, or replacing electrical wiring system and aircraft accessories, performs preflight, thru-flight, and post-flight maintenance inspections, performs miscellaneous duties to service aircraft.
- Perform all aircraft maintenance tasks in accordance with the applicable, approved, current and authorized maintenance program / data / publication
- Conduct all work in accordance with applicable standards, specifications, and regulations.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Working experience and knowledge of mechanical systems and their operation, as well as the proven ability to troubleshoot basic problems.
- Overall knowledge of other aircraft systems (e.g. hydraulic, flight controls, etc.) and major components.
- Ability to perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions, such as add, subtract, divide in units of measure, and compute rate, rations and percentages.
- Demonstrated ability to research proper hand-tools utilizing standard wiring practices manuals.
- For Aircraft Mechanics (B1 Licensed), acquisition of aircraft type knowledge necessary to perform and certify Engine maintenance tasks permitted to be carried out by a Certifying Technician on CF6-80 engines and on B747-200 aircraft.
- An aircraft maintenance apprenticeship with an airline or an approved aircraft maintenance organization OR equivalent formal training in an Air Force, combined with 3 years post training experience in commercial aircraft maintenance preferably covering a least one of the following fleet types B747-200.
- For Avionic Technicians (B2 Licensed), maintenance tasks permitted to be carried out by a Certifying Technician on CF6-50 engines and on B747-200 aircraft.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of using aircraft technical publications—read, interpret, follow and basic comprehension of schematic diagrams, drawings, and charts.
- Must have in-depth working knowledge of aircraft safety directives.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Sound knowledge of aircraft and aeronautical product maintenance, modification and planning documentation.