Ready to shift your primary focus from being the expert with a single product, technology, or solution space to growing broad integration skills across multiple technologies in extremely complex environments? Want to connect the solutions you envision to the business and measure impact to the bottom line of the company? Interested in leveraging your abstract thinking skills and employing strong architectural process skills to create innovative solutions for the largest government organizations in the world? Are you interested in having first-hand knowledge of the roadmaps for the broadest and most innovative technology stack available in today and tomorrow’s marketplace?
Microsoft Services help customers realize their full potential through accelerated adoption and productive use of Microsoft technologies. We are a global team of exceptional people who deliver world class services, earning customer confidence, trust, and loyalty by improving the overall customer and partner experience.
The Solution Architect in Worldwide Public Sector Services is involved in the entire IT lifecycle but is most critical during pre-sales, discovery and design phases. They have experience with enterprise, industry, and platform solutions.
- Providing customer guidance during product and services sales cycle
- Driving successful solution deployments by ensuring proper business value and customer/partner satisfaction
- Owning governance and oversight for complex solution development and deployment
- Growing the business through mentoring, talent pipeline development, and community evangelism
- Driving operational excellence and innovation
- Creating new Public Sector solutions and offerings
- Candidates must have a degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Candidates should have at least 8-10 years of related IT experience.
- Candidates should have at least 5-7 years of related Public Sector, with a focus on national Government agencies.
- Candidates should have certification in, and experience using TOGAF, FEAF, Zachman or similar Enterprise Architecture frameworks.
- Candidates should have experience with pre-sales support, technical consulting, solution design, project envisioning, planning, development, testing, deployment, and governance.
- Candidates must have a demonstrated record of delivering business value.
- Candidates should have business process and people management skills or related experience.
- Candidates must have a deep understanding of Public Sector markets, customers and related technology.
- Candidates must have the background to provide leadership in the practice; and demonstrated effectiveness in consulting and client management.
- Candidates must have deep understanding of customer and partner business and IT environment, and have demonstrated skills creating architecture and deploying technology to solve business problems.
- Candidates must be able to travel up to 75% within region.
Candidates must have industry leading breadth knowledge of an architectural subject area (Business, Infrastructure, Software), and have demonstrated analysis and communication skills connecting technology and business problems.