- The Area Manager will be accountable for the development and implementation of our client’s brands sales strategy for all the channels in the Greater Port Harcourt area.
- She/he will also be responsible for the management and control of a decentralized team across the area.
- Leading, developing, motivating and coaching a team of Trade Representatives:
- Setting SMART objectives
- Evaluating performance
- Managing and controlling budgets (travel & expenses, free bottles and company tools, etc.)
- Guarantying sales team are operating at all time with high level of integrity
- Ensuring relevant reporting and weekly updates of clients data base system
- Contributing to the elaboration of the Annual Budget, Brands and Trade Marketing plans with the Marketing teams and the Market Manager.
- Participating in Budget and Marketing plans processes.
- Developing and executing sales strategies and annual sales plans for all key customers across all channels to achieve brand plans.
- Ensuring volume targets are met through co-ordination of the sales team and through own fieldwork and presence.
- Identifying and recommending new business development and brand development opportunities.
- Identifying high profile on premise outlets to ensure maximum distribution and visibility of portfolio.
- Developing and maintaining a strong network of contacts within major customers to maximize brand opportunities and effectiveness of brand investment.
- Implementing brand strategies through effective customer activity and product visibility.
- Continuously improving account planning.
- Allocating, managing, controlling and evaluating Brand A&P and POS budgets to optimum results.
- Ensuring effective management and implementation of promotional activity in target outlets.
- Gathering and using comprehensive competitor information to minimize competitor activity across the account portfolio.
- Facilitating regular sales meetings with sales team to review progress, plan activity, brief in new initiatives.
- Maintaining a weekly schedule of personal fieldwork time consisting of coaching and developing Trade Representatives on customer visits and management of own customers to achieve personal objectives.
- Managing individual T&E budget in the most professional manner and operating at all time with high level of integrity.