Assistant Beverage Manager - Tortuga Restaurant - Mina A' Salam - Madinat Jumeirah Full Time
Dubayy [Dubai], United Arab Emirates | Diploma | 3 - 5 years | Full Time | Male or Female | Food & Beverages | Hospitality/Leisure
We are currently seeking a talented Assistant Beverage Manager for Tortuga Restaurant at the Mina A' Salam to assist in leading a bar team that maintains a high level of customer service and standards. Understanding of delivery of stock control, pricing and margin control on all restaurant and bar beverages. To understand and comply with all local licensing laws and to promote responsible service of alcohol. To assist the bar business in promotions, events and deals and to maintain a dialogue with suppliers. To be abreast of local and international bar trends, new products and venues.
The main duties for the role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Ensuring a consistency is maintained in the bar organization, the spirit stocks, the cocktail lists, the cocktail knowledge and the spirit / drink service in the restaurant.
- Ensure all guests receive a positive and professional service at the bar
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of the food and beverage menus
- Provide a clear communication process to all relevant parties
- Maximize revenue opportunities through exceptional service
- Protect the health, safety and wellbeing of our guests and colleagues
- Ensure all customer contact is handled politely and efficiently,
- Ascertaining and accurately meets their needs
- Ensure par levels of stock and equipment within the bar area are maintained according to business levels at all times
- Ensure the temperature checks and the storage of items are carried out in accordance with HACCP requirements.
- Ensure opening and closing duties are performed to a high standard
- Participate in service activities when needed.
- To attend all training subjects to the service colleagues and follow the rules and policies of the restaurant.
- Handle all cash accurately, following the department procedures.
- Ensure all bar tenders and service employees are familiar with the content of the list.
- Review of stocks on a monthly basis.
- Daily / Weekly / Monthly attendance reports according to the hotel policy and procedure.
- Spoilage and breakage reports according to the hotel procedures.
- Weekly rosters according to the local labour law and the hotel policy and procedure.
- Participation in employees evaluations and appraisals.
- Supporting marketing with any promotions and events. Developing revenue and brand development.
- To train and fully comply with all H&S standards, to train and maintain excellent standards of cleanliness.
The successful candidate is likely to have the following qualifications, education & experience:
- Graduate calibre with a Degree or Diploma in Hotel Management.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years senior management experience in Food & Beverage department of a luxury deluxe hotel.
- Sommelier qualification is a plus
- High level of written and verbal Business English, fluency in other language desirable.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook is essential
- Experience with financial budgeting is desirable.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which include: your own single room accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, annual flight allowance, medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other allowances.