An exciting role has arisen for a highly experienced Assistant Executive Housekeeper to join Burj Al Arab. The main purpose of this role is to assist the Executive Housekeeper in the smooth and efficient operation of the Housekeeping Department, ensuring maximum Guest satisfaction and adhering to the standards required by the hotel and assists in the planning process.
You key duties will include:
- Responsible for the supervision and coordination of the housekeeping attendants by making sure that these services are available and carried out with the utmost efficiency
- To study and evaluate the operation of the Housekeeping Department, and suggest improvements to the Executive Housekeeper.
- Assigning duties and responsibilities to subordinates, assisting the team leaders and Housekeeping Attendants in their duties.
- Checking the Linen Room, pantry areas and stores to ensure the smooth flow of the guest supplies, uniforms and linen.
- Maintaining a record of Planned Preventive Maintenance cleaning work i.e window cleaning, carpet shampooing, mattress turning, bedspread cleaning, blanket cleaning and general suite cleaning.
- Following up on all out of order suites.
- Ensuring correct distribution and control of master keys.
- Conducting inspection of corridors, service areas, pantries, staircases and Public Area toilets to ensure proper cleaning.
- Taking note of "In-house VIP's and arriving VIP's" and meet guests as appropriate.
- Ensuring that all suites and rooms are inspected thoroughly.
- Ensuring that all equipment is well maintained and handled correctly.
- Handling guest complaints in accordance with the hotel policy, reporting all complaints to the Executive Housekeeper.
- Checking the logbooks and follow up on outstanding matters.
- Assisting in taking various inventories.
- Assisting in all the administrative aspects of the department ensuring that necessary clear and concise records are maintained.
- Interacting with suppliers and contractors.
- Liaising with Front Office to make sure that rooms requested are ready for the guest prior to their arrival.
- Liaising with the engineering department the room's maintenance program ensuring the percentage of room are given daily for checking and remedial maintenance.
- Liaising with F&B for special requirements.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have a recognised diploma in Hotel Management or in a related field. You should have minimum 3 years working experience as an Assistant Executive Housekeeper or Housekeeping Manager in a 5 star luxury hotel, preferably gained in the Middle East or Gulf Region.
You should have strong communication skills with excellent command of the English language, both spoken and written. Proficiency in a second language such as Arabic would be an advantage.
You should be computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Opera Property Management System.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, medical and dental coverage, pension, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.