Assistant Outlet Manager - Tortuga Restaurant - Mina A' Salam At Madinat Jumeirah Full Time
Dubayy [Dubai], United Arab Emirates | Diploma | 1 - 3 years | Full Time | Male or Female | Administration & Office Support | Hospitality/Leisure
A fantastic position has arisen for an Assistant Outlet Manager for a new Mexican Outlet, Tortuga. The main purpose of this role is to lead, plan, organise and direct all processes of the outlet to ensure the outlet provides quality food and beverage service that is consistent with the SBU's Operating Standards. Achieves maximum revenue and profit in line with budgeted and forecasted projections. Works all aspects of the floor, touching all points of service.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Hands on operator that lives and leads the perfect guest experience, ensures the team are set up for success, and is responsible for assisting the OM/ GM in ensuring that all colleagues have full product knowledge.
- Is an ambassador for the brand at all times.
- Fully responsible and accountable for ensuring that all customers are served as per the brand standard. Assist the OM in continuously growing the business
- Ensure that all paper work is kept up to date and filed correctly.
- Ensure that all cash is safe guarded at all times and that all paper work is completed in accordance with company policy.
- Responsible for ensuring that all orders are placed in time and in line with business requirements.
- Conduct an inventory count and input into adaco.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly forecast in Outlet Manager's absence.
- Works closely with OM and TL to develop colleagues and spot stars of tomorrow.
- Communicates and logs all maintenance issues and ensures work is carried out.
- Conduct a brand audit and communicate the score. Assists the OM in action planning.
- Can fully understand a General Ledger and be able to highlight and investigate any issues.
- Monitors and coaches colleagues to be able to confidently conduct suggestive selling for items from the menu.
- In the Outlet Manager's absence ensures that all complaints are dealt with correctly without jeopardising the reputation of the brand.
- Has full control of a shift and ensures all brand standards are adhered to at all times.
- Ensures problems are dealt with immediately, with the support of OM.
- Is able to make decisions that positively effect the business and the colleague, Is flexible and open to change and discussion.
- Can fully manage the pass from FOH and communicate with all people.
- Supports the Outlet Manager in engagement with the team. Coaches and guides team in engaging with each other and colleagues at all times.
- Effectively conduct Inductions, probationary appraisal on time and completes and submits all correct paper work to Outlet Manager.
- To recruit, train and motivate employees. To maximise profitability by controlling labour and expenses and maximising revenue. Maintaining high morale within the department, creates presence for guests and colleagues alike.
- Prepares roster in line with budget and business requirements for OM approval.
- Fully responsible for assisting the Outlet Manager in ensuring that they operate in accordance to local health and hygiene legislations
In order to be considered for this position you will have a studied in at an internationally recognised Hotel Management / Tourism school. You will possess previous experience gained as an Assistant Outlet Manager with standalone/branded restaurants.
You will have good clear communication abilities, time management and organisational skills as well as the capability to multi task working with strong attention to detail. You should be a team player who is able to manage and delegate to your team. Your interpersonal and customer service ability will be excellent.
Proficiency in computer software systems such as MS Office, Word and Excel are essential. Candidates with the ability to speak fluently in a second language (Spanish) will be considered favourably.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which include: your own single room accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, annual flight allowance, medical, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, and reduced hotel rates.