Assistant Transport Manager - Madinat Jumeirah Resort Full Time
Dubayy [Dubai], United Arab Emirates | Diploma | 3 - 5 years | Full Time | Male or Female | Transportation/Trucking/Railroad | Hospitality/Leisure
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Transport Manager to join Madinat Jumeirah Resort. The main purpose of this role is to ensure the efficiency and professionalism of the daily Transport operations.
- Ensuring that all transportation reservations are logged and traceable.
- Making sure that all vehicle damage & maintenance is logged correctly.
- Ensuring that all Transportation orders are charged correctly.
- Making sure that reports compiled by the Night Team are accurate at all times.
- Providing a courteous and professional service at all times.
- Always a source of information, help and assistance to all guests
- Closely monitoring the performance of all drivers to ensure safety of vehicles and guests.
- Ensuring all drivers are well groomed.
- Maintaining vehicle high standards and cleanliness.
- To spot check vehicles daily before guest service.
- Monitor Customer Satisfaction Index results and constantly search for improvements towards guest satisfaction.
- To ensure no delays in vehicle movements.
- Ensuring correct vehicle allocation as per guest request and business needs.
- Monitoring all outside vehicle requests due to Hotel non-availability
- Making sure that the Transportation Forecast Transport Movement sheet is prepared accurately.
- Making sure that all drivers are assigned transfers fairly.
- Maximising transportation revenue at all times.
- Optimising usage of vehicles.
- Ensuring that costs are kept as low as possible without affecting daily operation.
- Ensuring that parking and petrol cards are accounted for correctly.
- Keeping outsourced transportation jobs to a minimum.
- Establishing regular communication with other Jumeirah Transport Departments and Airport Services.
- Ensuring that all vehicle damages are reported to the Managers and police report is acquired.
- Preparing Duty Roster and ensuring correct daily manning of the department according to business needs.
- Maintaining excellent relationship with the Airport Services department.
- Managing the performance of colleagues through constant feedback and coaching.
- Ensuring all employees comply with Working Time Directive.
In order to be considered for this role you will have gained previous working experience and operational background in Transportation preferably in the Hospitality industry. You should be able to lead and motivate a team effectively.
You will have strong communication skills with good command of the English language. Proficiency in a second language would be an advantage.
It is essential that you have good knowledge of Opera and Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and Power Point.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which include: your own single room accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, annual flight allowance, medical, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, and reduced hotel rates.