Banking & Finance Reporter- Abu Dhabi / Dubai Full Time
Abu Zaby [Abu Dhabi], United Arab Emirates | Bachelor's Degree | 3 - 5 years | Full Time | Male or Female | Broadcast Media | Media Production
Bloomberg News is seeking an experienced reporter to cover banking and finance out of our office in Dubai or Abu Dhabi. The person will be expected to seek out stories of interest to Bloomberg's global audience, develop contacts, carry out in-depth analysis, break news frequently and write authoritatively about the changing world of finance. The person should have a strong sense of curiosity and will be expected to become an authority on the beat and to propose story ideas on a regular basis. The person will work with colleagues in the Middle East and around the world to develop sources and then contribute to, break and/or write stories.
Knowledge of the finance industry in the Middle East, its regulation, financial markets and investment banking and previous reporting experience at a major newspaper or wire service are strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English essential and Arabic preferred.
- Minimum bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is essential.
- Previous financial or business journalism experience is preferred.
- Experience of working in a real-time news environment is desirable.
- Strong news judgment and a proven ability to break news are essential.
- An unwavering commitment to accuracy is essential.
- A proven ability to write bigger-picture stories is essential.
- A strong work ethic and ability to work well within teams are essential.
- Good interpersonal skills, the ability to juggle multiple tasks and a sense of humor are desirable.