Responsible for the Risk Management within the Origination and Client Coverage Division.
1. Influencing success of the new CDD model:
• Working closely with the Central CDD team, CET Hubs, WBFCR and OCC teams on the ground, help orchestrate success of the following:
- Key CDD remediation initiatives driven by the central team
- eCDD+ system enhancements
- Revised WB CDD policies and procedures
- CET Hubbing
• Ensure CDD Leads and Champions are successfully embedded within the new model.
• Set up bi-weekly calls with key stakeholders in all countries in the region to monitor progress and help address bottlenecks.
• Set up bi-weekly calls with the hub, escalate gaps and help resolve outstanding issues.
• Take ownership of key CDD metrics such as overdue and rework rates.
• Bring about improvements in CDD quality by constantly ‘coaching’ on-the-ground client teams and sharing best practices with other regions.
• Drive reduction in overdue rates for all countries in the region by 50 within 6 months.
• Monitor rework rates to ensure they remain within defined thresholds.
3. Value Addition:
• Identify process/policy gaps and work on process simplification/re-engineering initiatives.
• Maintain active feedback loop with FCR on policy gaps and revisions required.
• Identify process simplification/re-engineering initiatives and work with the Central team for adoption and delivery of these initiatives.
• Seek and escalate front line feedback on market practices and peer bank policy/procedures.
• Active involvement with remediation exercises and global/regional projects.
• Actively assist countries with conceptualizing, planning and executing remediations in line with group priorities.
• Work on global and regional projects as prioritized by the region/group.
5. CDD Policy, Procedure and System Training:
• Ensure success of the global training program to be launched in Q4, 2013.
• Ensure 100 attendance as mandated under the training calendar.
• Coordinate with UORMs to monitor completion of all mandatory CDD trainings by OCC/CET teams.
You will have experience in the below from working in a bank, leading regulator or a professional services firm:
• AML advisory and AML surveillance
• Enhanced due diligence services (CDD)
• Specialist Financial Crime Risk Management
• Financial Crime Risk Reporting and Monitoring
• Promotes awareness of Financial Crime Risk and Prevention
• Financial Crime Risk Governance and Assurance
• Strong Leadership and Management experience and capability