Enables patients to stay in their homes by providing health and personal services; supporting patients and their families.
- Asseses patient condition by monitoring vital signs; recording intake and output; reviewing patient care journal; keeping family informed.
- Administers treatments by dispensing medications; changing bandages; administering oxygen; maintaining oxygen supply and equipment.
- Records patient information by making entries in the patient journal; notifying agency nursing supervisor of changing or unusual conditions.
- Helps patients care for themselves by introducing and teaching assisted living techniques, such as using a cane or walker, using special utensils to eat, using special techniques and equipment for personal hygiene needs.
- Helps family members care for the patient by introducing and teaching appropriate ways to lift, turn, and re-position the patient; putting the family in contact with resources for additional home care help; directing them to medicare reimbursement approaches for hospital beds, portable toilets, canes, walkers, lift-chairs, wheelchairs, etc.
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy patient environment by following asepses standards and procedures; changing linens, dusting, vacuuming; maintaining kitchen and bathroom facilities, handling personal laundry; maintaining security.
- Provides nutritious meals by following prescribed dietary requirements and nutrition standards; preparing, cooking, and serving meals and snacks.
- Maintains continuity of patient home care by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs in the patient journal for the next caregiver.
- Updates job knowledge and maintains certified nursing assistant status by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; fulfilling continuing education requirements.
- Protects the home health care company by adhering to professional standards, home care policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
Method of Application:
Interested and Qualified Candidates to send CV and Application letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org