Channel Exec, MNA- CEE/MEA Reg Full Time
Dubayy [Dubai], United Arab Emirates | Bachelor's Degree | 10 - 15 years | Full Time | Male or Female | Sales/Business Development | Engineering / Technology
CEE (Central and Eastern Europe), MEA (Middle East and Africa)
Are you a results oriented sales person with a proven track record of partner management looking for your next challenge? Does working on a team managing one of Microsoft’s most strategic and innovative OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) partners appeal to your professional and personal objectives? Does the challenge of beating Android, Apple, and piracy get your blood pumping? The OEM Division is looking for a sales leader to drive the Windows and Office OEM business in MEA and CEE with one of our top multi-national (MNA) OEM partners.
The Regional Sr. Account Manager will be responsible for building a strong relationship and engaging with the OEM partner’s senior executives across sales and marketing disciplines. Key responsibilities are below:
- Sell-in lead to partner MNA’s RHQs: Manage device sales ROB with MNA partner. Accountable for Regional Device Sell-in and assortment with focus on Featured Devices. This includes engaging with MNA OEM regional sales leadership to drive adoption of Feature Devices into the Regional OEM portfolio that is cascaded to the MNA’s sales teams in countries within their assigned region as well as to drive MNA OEM to set volume commitments for Feature Devices
- Microsoft Segment Team Device Sales Enablement: Enable device sales engagement led by accountable segment teams by acting as subject matter expert for portfolio of MNA devices. Work with Area level Segment device sales leadership teams to proactively identify and address potential opportunities based on demand for Featured Devices at the local level as well as local assortment blockers. Takes this feedback into regional discussions with MNAs. Specific activities include:
- Periodic briefings to segment team device sales leaders in respective Region on each new selling season’s new device portfolio (i.e. consumer devices to CCG, commercial to EPG), including details on individual device differentiating features, competitive positioning relative to Android and Apple.
- Provide briefings on segment teams on Microsoft segment device strategy, competitive trends and Microsoft device positioning and win strategy
- Device Ecosystem: Improve Windows device ecosystem health and maximize portfolio planning by messaging gaps between supply and demand and pricing gaps early and sharing intelligence to enable early OEM device planning. Ensure right devices at the right price with the right Partners through the right Channels. Monitor demand signals / resolves supply chain issues, working closely with MNA OEM Corp team and MNA OEM contacts in-region. Escalate supply gaps and provide feedback to MNA OEM Corp Sales GM to close gaps as required. Engage with OEM teams at Area level to communicate gap resolution plan.
- Scale via MNA Partner: Determine regional sales and marketing plan for devices, Office, and Server as appropriate to scale via MNA partner activities
- MNA OEM Partner Relationship Management: Develop a deep understanding of the partner’s global and regional strategy and business imperatives through market and partner inquiry as well as internal and external industry resources. Integrate Microsoft’s strategic priorities and programs into OEM’s to ensure Microsoft mindshare with OEM at regional level and that it cascades through to the local level
- Account Planning and Management: Develop year-over-year regional account growth projections that map partner's business objectives and initiatives with Microsoft. Establish and execute a formal rhythm to manage progress and developments and update the account plan with the partner.
- Competitive Opportunities: Understands WW and regional competitive landscape and leads discussions on device competitive challenges, including issues around piracy, with the account team, the virtual team and partners to present the Microsoft value proposition for competitive advantage and new opportunities
The position described here will require frequent travel across CEE/MEA to build and sustain a deep engagement with the partner’s regional HQ and key country HQ as well as to coordinate via processes.
Sales professional with a proven track record of large partner management with resellers, distributors or OEM partners
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success as a virtual team leader and individual contributor (player/coach). This includes proven ability to impact and influence without authority
Aptitude for strategic planning as well as tactical execution, and experience in driving complex regional projects
Experience working with multi-cultural teams, preferably in CEE and / or MEA markets
Experience building multi-level relationships within a large or multinational account including management of senior executive relationships
Budget and project management experience.
Previous experience in managing business partnerships with OEMs, Distributors and Resellers
PC and devices market knowledge including key distribution channels is required
Strong sales, negotiation and objection handling
Effective executive presentation
Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
Burning desire to compete and win
Passion for technology and devices
High sense of urgency and ability to prioritize
The ideal candidate will have a four-year college degree, Business or Science / Engineering disciplines preferred
A minimum of 12 years of direct sales or partner management experience in the IT or consumer electronics industries
Special Requirements/Additional Information
Estimated travel: 30 - 50% (varies with position and partner’s regional org structure
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and promotes diversity in the workplace