To coordinate and ensure the smooth and efficient flow of the culinary operations in Frankie’s Kitchen. Maintain and enhance the food products through a creative menu development and presentation.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Actively interact with guests at tables
- Conduct daily shift briefings to Frankie’s kitchen colleagues
- Has a good understanding of inventories, pricing, cost controls, requisitioning and issuing supplies and equipment for food production, reports and costs menus
- Promote a Fun/ Professional and Disciplined work environment
- Lead by example using Fairmont’s: Mission, Vision & Values
- Support/Coach/Lead & motivate Frankie’s kitchen colleagues
- Actively share ideas, opinions & suggestions in daily Sous Chef meeting
- Ensure storeroom requisitions are accurate to minimize repeat visits
- Ensure all kitchen colleagues are aware of standards & expectations
- Ensure proper weekly & annual vacation scheduling of all kitchen colleagues while maintaining the Hotel’s quality standards
- Promote Health and Safety at all times
- Ensure proper hygiene as per Abu Dhabi Municipality
- Ensure all grooming, spot check and temperature control sheets are filled as required
- Complete monthly one on one’s , probation & annual reviews as scheduled
- Maintain cleanliness and proper rotation of product in chillers and dry store.
- Minimize wastage/ spoilage
- Maintain consistent on the job training sessions for culinary colleagues
- Liaison daily with Outlet Managers to keep open lines of communication & guest feedback
- Maintain & improve all food preparations & presentations
- Maintain & improve Fairmont standards for timely delivery of food orders
- Strive to achieve and surpass JD Power targets
- Performs any other reasonable duties as required by the department head.
- Minimum 2 years of Sous Chef experience in an Italian restaurant.
- Previous experience in a 5 star luxury hotel environment
- Strong understanding of HACCP
- Accreditation from a recognized Culinary School
- Proven track record of cost control including food, equipments, labor and wastage to meet the food quality goals and the hotel’s financial goals.
- Enthusiastic, outgoing personality who is very guest driven
- Demonstrate real passion for menu planning and leadership
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Abu Dhabi. Fairmont Bab Al Bahr will cover visa costs and flights for selected candidates from place of origin.