Chef De Cuisine, Frankies Full Time
FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
Abu Zaby [Abu Dhabi], United Arab Emirates | Professional Qualification | 1 - 3 years | Full Time | Male or Female | Food & Beverages | Hospitality/Leisure
Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Actively interact with guests at tables
- Conduct daily shift briefings to Frankie’s kitchen colleagues
- Has a good understanding of inventories, pricing, cost controls, requisitioning and issuing supplies and equipment for food production, reports and costs menus
- Promote a Fun/ Professional and Disciplined work environment
- Lead by example using Fairmont’s: Mission, Vision & Values
- Support/Coach/Lead & motivate Frankie’s kitchen colleagues
- Actively share ideas, opinions & suggestions in daily Sous Chef meeting
- Ensure storeroom requisitions are accurate to minimize repeat visits
- Ensure all kitchen colleagues are aware of standards & expectations
- Ensure proper weekly & annual vacation scheduling of all kitchen colleagues while maintaining the Hotel’s quality standards
- Promote Health and Safety at all times
- Ensure proper hygiene as per Abu Dhabi Municipality
- Ensure all grooming, spot check and temperature control sheets are filled as required
- Complete monthly one on one’s , probation & annual reviews as scheduled
- Maintain cleanliness and proper rotation of product in chillers and dry store.
- Minimize wastage/ spoilage
- Maintain consistent on the job training sessions for culinary colleagues
- Liaison daily with Outlet Managers to keep open lines of communication & guest feedback
- Maintain & improve all food preparations & presentations
- Maintain & improve Fairmont standards for timely delivery of food orders
- Strive to achieve and surpass JD Power targets
- Performs any other reasonable duties as required by the department head.
- Minimum 2 years of Sous Chef experience in an Italian restaurant.
- Previous experience in a 5 star luxury hotel environment
- Strong understanding of HACCP
- Accreditation from a recognized Culinary School
- Proven track record of cost control including food, equipments, labor and wastage to meet the food quality goals and the hotel’s financial goals.
- Enthusiastic, outgoing personality who is very guest driven
- Demonstrate real passion for menu planning and leadership