Civil/Structural Designer Full Time
Abu Zaby [Abu Dhabi], United Arab Emirates | Bachelor's Degree | 5 - 7 years | Full Time | Male or Female | Building Design/Architecture | Construction / Real Estate
To prepare civil/structural drawings and 3-D modeling
- Prepare civil / structural drawings for the projects, and carry out 3-D modeling of civil/structural elements;
- Responsible for interaction with Engineers for input to drawings, carry out self-checks before passing on to Engineer/Checker for final check;
- Interact with other discipline designers / engineers, and carry out necessary modifications;
- Follow discipline specific 3-D model philosophy, and ensure implementation on projects;
- Provide input to man-hour estimation when requested.
- Diploma/ITI in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 5-years of experience as civil/structural design/drafting comprising of foundations, buildings, steel structures like pipe racks, shelters, platforms, bolted and welded connection details, foundation and underground services layouts, experience in working in 3-D model environment
- Ability to understand and interpret input from Engineers, interpretation of STAAD output and line diagrams, and develop detailed engineering drawings from the same.
- Expertise in use of AutoCAD, Microstation drafting tools and thorough knowledge of 3D modeling tools like PDS Frameworks. Familiarity with PDS Equipment modeling for foundations is preferred
- Knowledge of SP 3D and PDMS desirable
- Experience in extraction of drawings from 3-D model, development of drawing / drafting standards
- Familiar with International standards and Code of Practices for drafting and detailing
- Should have excellent communication skills essential for Client, Interdisciplinary and Vendor co ordinations, and coordination with other work-share offices.