As a key member of the marketing team, the Head of Client Solutions Marketing is responsible for driving aggressive, profitable growth of the Client product lines of business (OptiPlex, Latitude, Precision, etc.), by combining all elements of the marketing mix, leveraging Dell sales, marketing and reporting resources across the LE organisation to meet Dell’s business objectives in a particular Region/ country. Also, responsible for developing strategies to achieve business objectives and goals.
• Own the Client Strategy for EM-EMEA Commercial, define and formulate Regional and Country specific Product Strategies to achieve business objectives.
• Drive and lead the Annual and Quarterly Forecasting Process with the Client FMM team, EM-EMEA Regional Finance and EMEA Finance and Key stakeholders
• Propose actions and plans to close the gap on Client performance vs. Product Forecast and P&L.
• Own Client Programs from concept, creation through to delivery and reporting on metrics and key findings.
• Maximise coverage across available GTM routes by engaging with relevant channel, sales, marketing and pricing teams and aligning LOB programmes accordingly.
• Lead and drive the delivery of Client programs & competitive (local market insights) training via Client FMMs, the support of key strategic RFP responses.
• Be responsible for tracking and reporting on all Programs & defined metrics for the Client LoB
• Articulate Dell’s vision for Client Solutions & outline the timelines & reasoning behind the makeup for the LoB roadmaps.
• Work closely with WW Product Group to ensure EM-EMEA Client Product design and configuration requirements are communicated to Key stakeholders in PG.
• Develop a thorough understanding of the Regional markets (Market share, Competitor activity, Price Banding trends).
• Lead and drive the right conversations on competitive market data/intelligence and EM-EMEA requirements with the BI and Market Intelligence teams.
• Provide input to the central Pricing team on pricing strategy for Client LOBs
• Support external brand and market development for Client LoBs via PR and press contacts
• Assume dotted-line management responsibility for the client product Field Marketing Managers (FMM); maintain a team with clear lines of accountability, keep team members aligned on LOB goals and engaged in marketing programmes with specific focus on KPIs and metrics, enable an environment for sharing of issues and best practices, coordinate responsibilities and objectives with the solid-line direct managers of FMMs, and measure and report on weekly FMM engagements.
• University level degree (MBA a plus).
• Product knowledge on Dell and competitor Desktop and Notebook products.
• Strong analytical and numerical skills are essential.
• Deep knowledge of Emerging Markets.
• Experience in using various available resources to drive and motivate those around you towards achieving a common goal
• Attention to detail
• The person must have excellent communication skills (including presentations to groups) and be capable of working comfortably with people up, down and sideways within the organization.
• This role requires confidence in working with numbers and a strong understanding of the competition and the PC market in country
• Being able to prioritize and work under pressure are also important
• Experience in managing and marketing complex products is a must, including product introductions, EOL, pricing, etc.
• Has a proven track record in interfacing with customers
• A minimum of 5 years commercial experience in marketing or other relevant environment within Dell or with a competitor or partner
• Demonstrated business management skills through effective planning, organization of daily work schedule and achievement of assigned targets and objectives