Inspect structures using engineering skills to determine structural soundness and compliance with specifications, building codes, and other regulations. Inspections may be general in nature or may be limited to a specific area, such as electrical systems or plumbing.
1) Use survey instruments, metering devices, tape measures, and test equipment, such as concrete strength measurers, to perform inspections.
2) Inspect bridges, dams, highways, buildings, wiring, plumbing, electrical circuits, sewers, heating systems, and foundations during and after construction for structural quality, general safety and conformance to specifications and codes.
3) Maintain daily logs and supplement inspection records with photographs.
4) Review and interpret plans, blueprints, site layouts, specifications, and construction methods to ensure compliance to legal requirements and safety regulations.
5) Inspect and monitor construction sites to ensure adherence to safety standards, building codes, and specifications.
6) Measure dimensions and verify level, alignment, and elevation of structures and fixtures to ensure compliance to building plans and codes.