- Cooking and preparing a variety of fresh nutritious midday meals and other refreshments.
- Supervising food service assistants and kitchen staff, organising their daily duties and monitoring performance.
- Looking after the stock of the kitchen and informing it to the manager as the stocks run out.
- Making sure good nutritional standards are maintained when preparing meals.
- Making sure that all food at point of delivery is of the highest quality.
- Contacting suppliers and ordering food stuffs, vegetables, meats, kitchen and cleaning equipment.
- Responsible for high standards of food, hygiene, and heath and safety.
- Taking into account the wishes of clients when planning of menus.