Corporate Communications Manager Full Time
England, United Kingdom | Bachelor's Degree | 7 - 10 years | Full Time | Male or Female | Public Relations and Communications | Consumer Goods
To support and assist the work of the Legal/CORA Function by providing internal and external communications solutions that contribute to and add value to business objectives.
-Manage a range of internal and external communications tools (eg. Company newsletter; breakfast meetings; Line of Sight etc.) and channels delivering timely and appropriate messages contributing to employee understanding and engagement in the business and stakeholder understanding.
- Assist the Legal/CORA Function by providing tactical support in delivering internal and external communications where appropriate, with the aim of ensuring that employees are fully informed and engaged and providing stakeholder understanding
- Take the lead on managing communications through the business as required, including producing and driving plans
- Take the lead on managing the BAT UK Corporate Identity strategy
-Maintain an internal communications cycle plan incorporating key messages, audiences and activities, aligned to business priorities.
- Provide internal communications support to business teams and functions, identifying and managing effective and targeted internal (eg. Head Office Personnel; Field Personnel; Function specific; Globe House; WEA; BAT global audience) and external communications (eg. Retail Trade; Horeca Trade including NAG) to support business initiatives.
- Work proactively with the wider Communications teams (WEA/Globe) to ensure an integrated approach across internal and external communications.
- Develop, design and implement innovative communication solutions across the BAT UK population and the wider BAT global business.
- Evaluate internal communications activities against agreed objectives and recommend improvements, implementing these pro-actively as agreed.
The Communications Managers role is a key role going forward across all functions in the UK business, the job holder will also manage significant areas of corporate reputation amongst key internal and external stakeholders and will be responsible for providing communications support to all functions. The jobholder is a key player amongst the management population in the UK , managing an active internal communications infrastructure to support business goals.
- An individual educated to a high standard, able to demonstrate good capability and experience of internal communications
- Capability to contribute to development of overall communications strategy;
- Sound editorial judgment and ability to edit for a variety of channels in appropriate styles for the audiences;
- Keen eye for detail, excellent fact-checking skills, professional proof-reading skills;
- High quality writing skills in fluent English;
- Ability to balance openness with commercial / regulatory sensitivities and to exercise judgement on how information should be presented and set in context;
- Able to brief and manage external editorial and print-production suppliers effectively and control budgets and work schedules;
- Understanding of communication evaluation and basic research tools and techniques;
- Planning, problem solving and decision making skills;
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills;
- Ability to manage occasionally unpredictable requirements and deliver quality work to deadlines;
- Good understanding of the company's organisation and business, the tobacco industry and public issues affecting it, or ability rapidly to acquire it.
- Outputs deliver against agreed objectives, are aligned with the communication plan and consistent with the corporate brand and visual identity;
- Plans leverage the full range of available media, including printed, electronic and face-to-face;
- Continuous improvement in internal communications products, processes and guidelines;
- Good relationships with external stake holders – WEA/Globe
- Supporting development of engagement programme through close teamwork and constructive working relationships to ensure effective implementation across the business.