This Data Protection Advisor role reports into the Group Head of Data Protection & Privacy, and is a pivotal role in ensuring that Sky has excellent data protection standards across all functions – you will be responsible for providing high-quality and expert advice and guidance across Sky on all strategic privacy projects and on BAU business projects/requirements.
- New propositions and data collection initiatives/campaigns across all routes to market.
- Working with the DP Compliance Manager and Legal Advisor in ROI to review new acquisition (and divestments) of companies, both on a share and asset purchase/sale
- Targeted, substitutional, advertising, behavioural advertising and combinations thereof
- Assisting lawyers in/managing the negotiation of data protection provisions with third parties
- Setting up and maintaining positive and effective relationships throughout the Sky Group in key departments impacted by privacy legislation, such as Sky Policy and PR teams, Corporate Social Responsibility, Customer Group
- Keeping up to date with legislative changes and industry commentary and delivering digests to the rest of the team and providing updates to the wider legal teams as and when required. Activities which may be included in this activity:
- IAB UK & EU activities, Article 29 Working Party opinions
- EU and UK consultations
- BSI – new British Data Protection Standards
- Use of types of personal data and behavioural targeting
- Legislation used for interception and other forms of statutory enforcement such as RIPA
- Providing proficient and technically sound privacy compliance advice to senior management.
- Maintaining and reviewing ICO Notifications with the help of Sky’s Junior Data Protection Analyst.
- Identifying and then supporting strong communication flows between the DP team and all relevant stakeholders.
- Delivering training to departments and teams on privacy, as and when required.
- Undertaking ad hoc projects as and when required